English-German, English-Russian, Russian-German, German-Russian
Do you need a translation of some written text into German or Russian?
I can help you with that!
- Scientific theses and articles
- Leaflets, journal articles
- business and private letters and e-mails
- Websites and product descriptions
and much more I can translate for you.
Note on file formats
Originals in the following formats will be translated using the given formatting:
- DOCX, PPTX and other Microsoft Office formats
- ODT and other LibreOffice/OpenOffice formats,
- SRT (subtitles),
- HTML and PHP
- SLA (Scribus)
and some more. If in doubt, just ask me beforehand.
As for using CAT tools, I can:
- translate your files using your or my own Memsource projects (format MXLIFF),
- work with OmegaT (format XLIFF).
If your original is in PDF or on paper or in an image file, I will use the formatting clearly visible in the original (bold, italics, larger/smaller fonts etc.), and you can get the translation in DOCX, ODT, TXT (Unicode, UTF-8—without formatting in that case, naturally) or PDF. For a higher price I can produce a PDF document with a layout at least as good as the original.
Examples of texts translated by me
Most texts translated by me are not freely accessible. Either they underly copyright restrictions, or they are intended for a restricted group of people only. But in the following places on the Internet you can, for example, find some such texts:
Translations into German
- I have been cooperating with the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Russia for a long time, translating articles of their bilingual German-Russian
Вестник/Der Boteand articles for its
German supplementary leaf
Der Bote Spezial.
Translations into Russian
- For the Stubenitzky Expert Office I translated one of their leaflets from German to Russian.
ventilation and cellarsin German
ventilation and cellarsin Russian
As for books, up to now I have only translated them from German to Russian, as my contacts worked that way. One of them can even (as of December, 2021) be found on the Internet in full text: